So what insights did I gain from doing this? The most important insight - I have gained a huge amount of confidence. That's big for me. I feel like I really am an artist. It gives me great joy to know that people do have a connection with much of what I paint. And making connection to people is likely the biggest reason WHY I paint.
Another validation has been that 3 of these pieces have sold and have gone to new homes. Its amazing to know that others get joy from owning a piece of my work! Thank you!!
A couple days ago, the host of this challenge Leslie Saeta, asked all participants to share their learning and insights. I created my list of TEN THINGS I LEARNED FROM THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE. Leslie hosts the internet radio show Artist's Helping Artist's and today's show she and her co-host read many of the insights from participants AND she read my list too!! You can hear the show by CLICKING HERE! (My contribution is near the end of the show). There are some great stories about challenges and successes.
My contribution is near the end of the show, but I'll list it here too!
10 THINGS TO SHARE FROM THE 30 Day Challenge
1. I don't want to stop!
2. My friends, blog subscribers and facebook people don't want me to STOP! some are going to miss the daily posts!
3. I won't stop posting my paintings!
4. I've improved my painting since I did the challenge last January
5. I sold 1 of the paintings and got a commission for another as a result
6. I have enough work for a SHOW of some kind and/or for our local Under 100 show at Christmas...I've NEVER planned ahead THIS far for THAT!!
7. I'm happy with most of the work I did.
8. I LOVED the support I received. ART really does make people FEEL good!!
9. Even though I was very disorganized and I thought initially I wasn't ready...I WAS and I DID IT!
10. I realise I REALLY need to reorganize my STUDIO after all this...guess what I'm doing this next month!!!
THanks everyone! Stay tuned for more paintings and the studio space MAKEOVER!! After you see this photo you'll understand!!